Associate Director, Financial Management
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Associate Director, Financial Management
The George Mason University, Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for an Associate Director, Financial Management position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This individual will serve as a key member of the OSP management team as the OSP Liaison with internal and external auditors and other central administrative offices. This position will report to and serve as a back up to the Associate Vice President of Research Operations.
This position is responsible for overseeing the post audit, subrecipient monitoring and other financial compliance areas associated with externally sponsored funding in coordination with other OSP teams. They will also represent OSP on various committees and to the external community.
- Masters degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field and significant demonstrated experience in research administration; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Knowledge of federal regulations (OMB Uniform Guidance);
- Experience with the grant and contracts policies of major federal, state and nonprofit funding agencies;
- Demonstrated management experience and the ability to provide strong leadership in a team environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with others at various levels within an organization;
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Technical proficiency, including experience with Banner (or other financial management system), Microstrategy (or other Business Intelligence reporting tool), Coeus (or other grants administration system), Grants.gov, NSF Fastlane, eRA Commons, and other external sponsor systems, and Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds; and
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and successfully complete a criminal background check as required by federal law.
- CRA (Certified Research Administrator) and/or CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :