Construction Services Manager
- Full Time
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking a Manager for Construction Services. The position will be based in Gainesville, Virginia with oversight throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region including a 50+ person staff including sub-consultants working in Virginia, Maryland and DC. The Construction Services Manager will be responsible for developing business strategy, maintaining existing client relationships, developing new clients and business, and supervising construction managers and resident engineers assigned to infrastructure projects in the Mid-Atlantic region. The markets being serviced include transportation and water as well as public and private infrastructure and utility companies. Candidates that will be considered should have at least 15 years of experience in the fields of construction management, construction engineering and construction inspection and a BS in Engineering or Construction Management. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate having extensive background and the skills and ability to oversee large staffs with qualified resident engineers working for a variety of clients in the construction inspection/administration of infrastructure projects. Knowledge of alternative delivery methods is desired including design-build and design-bid-build. Emphasis needs to be on highways, bridges, rail lines/stations as well as water, gas and electric utilities and power industry infrastructure. PE license in Virginia with ability to secure same in Maryland and D.C. is desirable. Advanced degree(s) will be considered and are also desirable, if in applicable areas.
- Lead the business development activities, pursue new clients and potential project leads, team with other consultants and manage sub-consultants.
- Support other business units/departments and offices by providing construction management-related and construction inspection and observation services on planning, design and construction projects.
- Prepare and participate in price and technical proposals for client and internal entities within Dewberry.
- Accountable for driving growth and ensuring continued success of the construction services business unit/department while maintaining professionalism and strong client retention.
- Recruiting, hiring, retaining, mentoring and managing the full range of qualified personnel.
- Must be successful in operation analysis, financial management, strategic planning, and quality improvement of the business unit and the office.
- Oversight of construction projects and programs for private, public, state, and federal projects.
- Manage contracts and sub-consultant agreements.
- Monitor scope, schedule, and budget for projects in the business unit/department.
- B.S. in Construction, Civil Engineering or related field is required, M.S. degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in increasing levels of project and client management with proven experience in the consulting, design and construction industries.
- PE license in Virginia with ability to secure same in Maryland and D.C. is desirable
- A minimum of 10 years project management and technical staff supervision experience.
- Knowledge of Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build methods of project delivery.
- Knowledge of current state and federal environmental laws and policies related to design and construction.
- Accomplished technical professional and proven leadership skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to coach and mentor subordinates and other staff.
- Strong client retention and business development skills are required.