Associate - Global Standards Strategy
7 days left
- Full Time
Come join the American Petroleum Institute (API) as a member of our Global Industry Services (GIS) team. GIS is dedicated to providing valuable products and services to the international oil and gas industry through certification, training, publications, statistics, and events.
As our Global Standards Strategy (GSS), you will be responsible for planning, organizing, developing and supporting API’s Global Standards Strategy. The primary duties of the GSS Associate includes performing a variety of functional, strategic and analytical services ensuring that the organization follows the approved implementation of the GSS road map in a timely and cost-effective manner.
As our GSS Associate role, you will lead the process of coordinating with domestic and international standards program stakeholders to establish international strategy and objectives. . This role is responsible for implementation of API’s international memorandum of agreements with various organizations and entities. This includes coordination with both the host organization as well as API parent standards committees or other organizational programs.
You will be responsible to:
- Identifies and manages GSS dependencies and critical path.
- Maintain knowledge on API Member Company regional priorities and footprint
- Monitors GSS progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions. Meet regularly via electronic means (e.g. Skype and net meetings) with API’s international offices to establish outreach goals and objectives.
- Work closely with API Associates and Management in development of International Work Groups.
- Support API’s existing Memorandum of Understanding with various international organizations and provide expertise to their implementation.
- Analyze business trends to ensure API’s GSS is aligned with API Management and API Member priorities.
- Analyze new markets to enter and develop the strategic roadmap and executable plan
- Utilize data, analytics and research to disseminate market activity
- Deliver results through execution of established international objectives and goals Coordinates and/or participates in meetings related to the GSS and GISC.
You will possess the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years of qualified business experience in managing complex projects
- Six Sigma or Project Management Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a technically-oriented degree or business degree coupled with relevant international business development experience.
- Professional presentation and communication skills.
- Applies excellent planning, time management and critical thinking skills.
- Active listening skills for facilitating conflicts.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, i.e., the ability to work long hours during short crunch periods and maintain a positive leadership tone.
- Able to take creative approaches to solving challenging problems in a collaborative setting.
- Strong writing skills.
- Hands on contract management and negotiating capabilities’
- Strong understanding of business processes and customer service issues.
- Ability to effectively manage simultaneous assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships and build coalitions with a wide variety of resources and stakeholders, including: upper management; international customers; and other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as a self-starter.
- International business experience
- International language skills, strongly preferred.
The American Petroleum Institute (API) is the only national trade association representing all facets of the oil and natural gas industry, which supports 10.3 million U.S. jobs and nearly 8 percent of the U.S. economy. API’s more than 625 members include large integrated companies, as well as exploration and production, refining, marketing, pipeline, and marine businesses, and service and supply firms. They provide most of the nation’s energy and are backed by a growing grassroots movement of more than 40 million Americans.
Although our focus is primarily domestic, in recent years our work has expanded to include a growing international dimension, and today API is recognized around the world for its broad range of programs. Learn more about API at www.api.org.
As an API team member, you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, a generous PTO plan with paid holidays and a great working atmosphere.
API is an EOE M/F/D/V.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.