Java Software Developer/Engineer (multiple vacancies)
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a flourishing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, paid vacation, and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a Java developer on a team at a Federal Government with an information-sharing mission.
- Build applications using the Agile development methodology.
- Be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client. The ability to be flexible is important as client requirements can shift.
- Be eager to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- The client atmosphere is congenial and welcomes ideas that can improve productivity or simplify code.
- The ideal candidate for this position enjoys programming challenges.
- Under minimal direction, perform as a senior web application developer in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new enhancements to existing software.
- The development is conducted on Java, Spring and Hibernate.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Build or update existing Java applications; Java (Java 8) Build front-end web pages using HTML, CSS, Angular, AJAX Build back-end application code that manipulates content, and interacts with other systems, services and APIs
- Build and update RESTful APIs
- Interface with PostgreSQL
- Implement unit testing for built components using tools such as Junit
- Help the DevOps team set up Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Be comfortable working directly with the Project Manager to support emerging client needs as well.
- 2+ years of experience with Spring and Hibernate
- 2+ years of experience with designing and developing PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Spring (Spring boot, MVC, Web Services, Security, Batch)
- SQL, JPA, Hibernate
- Experience with code repository technologies such as Svn or Git
- Ability to work with technical staff to understand and develop new web applications, resolves customer complaints with web applications and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements
- Ability to participate in the development of software documentation such as version description document and user manuals
- Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as team leader on complex projects.
- Participate in Agile Scrum-based development
- Ability to pass basic government background check
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Ability to work independently and in an awesome team setting
- Ability to mentor and lead junior developers
- Experience or exposure with automation tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven
- Experience with container technologies like Docker.
- Exposure to AWS or Other Cloud Technologies.
- Experience or exposure with LDAP, OAuth, AD security and authentication
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Lucene/Solr
- Excellent communication skills
Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
Work location is Washington D.C. (only occasional off-site work permitted)
US Citizen or Permanent Resident only (required by Federal client); background and credit check is necessary
Artemis Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age. Artemis Consulting utilizes e-Verify to check employment authorization.