Management Analyst (TERM)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires a LOW RISK CLEARANCE. Any required investigations and clearances must be completed before the selectee can be placed in the position.
Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 p.m. EASTERN TIME ZONE (ETZ) on the closing date of this announcement. Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify for the GS-12:
All applicants must have one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as:
Utilizing qualitative and quantitative techniques for measuring effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of assigned programs.
applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in order to develop new procedures and approaches to identify and resolve unique problems.
Communicating effectively in order to provide management with recommendations either orally or in writing.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Education cannot be substituted for experience at this level.
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months. Term appointments are non-status, non-permanent appointments of limited duration of more than 1 year, but not more than 4 years and are subject to a 1 year trial period. Should the need warrant, term appointments may be extended without further competition up to a maximum of the 4 year limitation. The appointment to a term position does not confer eligibility for promotion, reassignment, or transfer to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
*This position is covered by the bargaining union - AFGE Local 3810
CTAP and ICTAP candidates will be eligible if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. Information about CTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management's Career Transition Resources website at: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/..
CTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; a Certificate of Expected Separation (CES); or certification that you are in a surplus organization or occupation (this could be a position abolishment letter, a notice eligibility for discontinued service retirement, or similar notice).
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", noting current position, grade level, and duty location;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your bureau/operating unit that shows your current promotion potential.
ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; notice of disability annuity termination; certification from your former agency that it cannot place you after your recovery from a work-related compensable injury; or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement.
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", documenting your RIF separation, noting your positions, grade/band level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
The following links provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities:
- VRA & VEOA - http://opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp
- 30% or more disabled veteran - http://opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp
- Persons with disabilities - http://www.opm.gov/DISABILITY/
- CTAP - http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
- ICTAP - http://www.opm.gov/ctap/
The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. TTY users can contact the Human Resources Office via the Federal Relay Service, 1-800-877-8339.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of the three pre-defined categories. The categories are “gold”, “silver” and “bronze”. However, your resume or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the “gold” category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job. For more information on Category Rating, please go to Category Rating.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques in order to measure effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of assigned programs and processes.
- Skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in order to develop new procedures and approaches to identify and resolve unique problems.
- Ability to conduct studies in order to assess and subsequently refine the productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of program operations and organizational efficiency, including management and administrative processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to provide management with recommendations either orally or in writing.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No