5 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
PLEASE NOTE: This announcement establishes an open continuous period for this Economist position. We will perform interim reviews of all applications as they become vacant. You must meet all eligible requirements at the time of consideration. All applications received by the closing date will be reviewed. Duty locations will vary. The difference in the salary is determined by the locality pay in each location. Salaries for all areas are available on the OPM website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: The following security clearance may be required: Public Trust – Background Investigation.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must (1) meet the Education Requirement for the series, (2) provide a copy of transcripts for verification, AND (3) meet the specialized experience requirements.
To qualify for the GS-13, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the GS-12, it must include:
- Experience in analyzing data using economic methods, such as market assessment, benefit cost or econometric analysis, and identifying implications of the findings as they relate to a transportation-related issue; and/or experience presenting research summaries and other technical reports to a variety of groups and individuals, such as making project presentations to clients/sponsors or to audiences at conferences or workshops.
To qualify for the GS-14, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the GS-13, it must include:
- Experience conducting economic research in support of various projects (i.e. impact studies, cost-benefit analysis, equilibrium analysis, etc.); analyzing data using statistical procedures, econometrics, and computer methodology to develop solutions to analytical problems; and performing policy oriented research in the development of innovative approaches to new and existing problems in economics.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
Students enrolled in a qualifying degree program can apply if the anticipated graduation date is within six months of the application date. Graduation transcript must be received before start date.
Other applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
In order to qualify for an Economist, you must meet the following:
You must have completed a full 4-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher Degree in economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in economics, as indicated above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition.
EEO STATEMENT: The Department of Transportation (DOT) maintains a model federal work environment that is free of discrimination. DOT ensures equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, or protected activity.
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for these locations.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position.
Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. The answers you select in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If upon review, it is determined that your described work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be updated or you may not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough details to support your answers. The Automated Staffing Office is ultimately responsible for determining your final rating.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No