Interdisciplinary (Associate Program Director)
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Physical Sciences or Computer Science, plus after award of the Ph.D., four or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position; OR a Master’s degree in Physical Sciences or Computer Science, plus after award of the degree, six or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds
This announcement is open to (All US Citizens OR current NSF employees) who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Possesses working knowledge of the DRB and NSB processes and procedures. Has experience building DRB and NSB packages for large grants or cooperative agreements (e.g., $10,000,000 or more) and with tracking/analyzing large multi-year awards and/or cooperative agreements. Understands and has experience managing the forward funding process across multiple fiscal years.
- Working knowledge of or experience with the technical and social Cyberinfrastructure portfolio, comprising high performance computing, networking, software, and data, or systems required for today’s science and engineering education and research.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) Has direct experience in hosting, organizing, and managing Advisory Committee meetings involving remote and on-site participation.
- Knowledge of Federal agency guidelines, policies, procedures, and requirements for processing proposals, the administration of grants, cooperative agreements, contracts, and proposal solicitations. Experience interpreting policies, special and general provisions, and developing proposals and cooperative agreements relating to the same.
- Skill in written and oral communication sufficient to speak effectively in a wide range of situations and to a variety of audiences which includes translating technical language to plain English, negotiating sensitive issues, and making a variety of presentations. Skill in written communication sufficient to respond to a variety of inquiries, develop guidelines and procedures, prepare correspondence, program announcements, and other technical informational documents.
- Skill in working in a team, which requires establishing and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of personnel internally, in the science community, educational organizations and institutions, and other governmental agencies on a variety of program and budget matters such as during the development stage, on project collaborations, and matters of joint funding and joint planning.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No