- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Laboratory Manager, Bioengineering
The George Mason University Department of Bioengineering, in the Volgenau School of Engineering (VSE), invites applications for a non-student hourly position as a Laboratory Manager. Salary for the position will be commensurate with experience. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Leads students and assist faculty with the development of educational/research projects;
- Uses a wide variety of lab techniques, research equipment and research related software;
- Manages instructional laboratories, including maintaining and troubleshooting equipment, initiating capital equipment purchases, arranging service contracts on capital equipment, and managing inventories of the lab and purchasing;
- Oversees general upkeep of the laboratory that complies with institutional policies, biosafety guidelines and maintaining inspection records;
- Generates records such as laboratory notebooks, reports, and standard operating procedures in accordance with institutional best practices;
- Performs other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Some laboratory management experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- BS degree or be very near to completing such a degree in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, or a closely related field;
- Experience working with students and supervising teams of students to achieve assigned project goals/objectives.
The Bioengineering Department at Mason (http://bioengineering.gmu.edu/) was established in 2010, and has rapidly grown to 16 full-time faculty. The current research and educational focus areas are biomedical imaging and devices, neurotechnology and computational neuroscience, biomaterials and nanomedicine, and computational biomedicine. The department has a thriving ABET-accredited undergraduate program with enrollment of over 220 students, a new rapidly-growing PhD program, and brand-new MS program starting in Fall 2018.
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in a range of academic fields, and in 2016 was classified as an R1 research institution. The main campus is located in Fairfax in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. Northern Virginia is home to one of the largest concentrations of high-tech firms in the nation, providing excellent opportunities for interaction with government agencies and industry.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must complete and submit the online application for position number WG9733 at http://jobs.gmu.edu, and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position should be directed to Professor Laurence Bray, Department of Bioengineering, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :