Geospatial Resource Lead
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking a Geospatial Resource Lead for our Fairfax, VA office that will work full time to support Dewberry’s Geospatial and Technology Services team by providing geospatial production management support, data processing and analysis, problem solving, task and personnel management as well as project oversight. This position requires daily production oversight and reporting for all geospatial related projects. The successful candidate will have expertise in GIS, geodatabase design, ArcGIS, datum and projections, complex geospatial analysis, LIDAR and photogrammetry. Must have in-depth expertise in one or more of these areas and must be proficient with all of these subject areas. The Resource Lead will report directly to the Production Manager located in the Tampa, FL office. It is preferred that the successful candidate hold a Security Clearance, but at a minimum, needs to be able to obtain a SECRET clearance. Travel to client sites and other Dewberry offices will be required from time to time.
- Coordinate daily with the GTS Production Management Team to identify the GTS group’s needs to ensure quality, resource allocation, scheduling and project costs are meeting client and Dewberry expectations.May be required to work as a Project manager, client manager and/or a task Lead on various production efforts, performing both management and data production tasks and also may be required to work as a team member on other projects from time to time. Provide GIS technical services and support particularly related to city/county applications using ESRI productsCreate a variety of digital mapping/remotely sensed products using various geospatial software platforms.Participate in continuous process improvement for both production-based and Quality Control initiatives and SOPs.Must be willing participate in the development of Dewberry technical staff through training, coaching, mentoring, etc.May be asked to lead and/or participate in proposals involving GIS and remote sensing. Coordinate with other Dewberry business units to seek opportunities for collaboration
- Bachelor's degree/or relevant experience in Geography, GIS, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in the GIS/Remote Sensing Field or relevant task leadership experience in Lidar projects, overseeing the complete life cycle of a remote sensing project.
- Core expertise in GIS and Remote Sensing required.
- Knowledge of standard geospatial analysis software suites, including, but not limited to: ESRI ArcGIS, Microstation, TerraScan/Model, GeoCue.
- Working knowledge of GIS production development, LiDAR classification and DEM creation required.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Knowledge of developing, maintaining, and editing geospatial databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong task oriented skills with the ability to work in and lead a team environment.
- Strong Quality Assurance, project and process documentation knowledge.
- Ability to provide Mentoring, training to junior GIS analysts
- Lidar data processing and classification, including creation of DEM and other analytical products.Create and manipulate geospatial databases.Conduct GIS analysis and create GIS products for various federal, state, and local clients.Elevation, Feature, and other specific data Processing and Manipulation.Problem resolution.Report writing.Creating Scripts/Models/Macros for multiple sensor platforms.Manage entry/mid-level GIS analysts.