Academic Program Specialist
Academic Program Specialist
Office of the Registrar
Non-Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Grade 9
Location: Largo, MD
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an entry level Academic Program Specialist. The Academic Program Specialist is responsible for providing world-class customer service support through the activities related to incoming transcript processing.
- Process received transcripts and other student documents in a confidential manner.
- Verify and enter student information listed on each institution's transcript sent to UMUC.
- As part of the data entry process, the transcript must be accurately scanned, linked to the UMUC student record and transcript data must be entered into the student information system (SIS).
- Review onscreen transcripts, verification and digital filing related to student records.
- Accurately verify school accreditation, enter transfer credit GPA, applicable degrees earned and course/grade information into the system to ensure transfer credit is applied to each student's evaluation.
- Assist with any forms of document scanning and data entry as necessary for documents that are student related.
- Serve as an entry point on starting the transfer evaluation process for incoming students and has a direct effect on the recruitment of new students to the university.
- Screen transcripts to update the student's record for any additional schools attended.
- Provide Tier I and II support related to transcript inquiries made by phone, through email cases, in person, and chat.
- Sort and process incoming mail in accordance with the transcript and document business processes
- Additional projects such as training, software testing, attending meetings, and presenting ideas to colleagues or guests.
- Other duties as assigned in accordance with departmental needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree.
- Three (3) years of experience with document processing or other clerical work.
- One (1) year experience with a student record system, data entry and document scanning.
- Some experience with document imaging systems.
- Ability to pivot on tasks between detail oriented work and service oriented work in a fast paced environment where there will be distractions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years' experience working with confidential documents.
- Understanding of FERPA and FERPA policies.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.