4 days left
- Full Time
The American Physiological Society (APS), a non-profit scientific member society, is seeking a Project Assistant responsible for providing program and meeting support for several internally and externally-funded education programs and for work with APS Committees. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing, maintaining and tracking applicants, participants and APS volunteers using APS online awards system, Excel databases, Personify, and Google forms. Using Personify to verify applicant membership status. Using Excel database to generate reports, forms, letters and tables and track participant assignments. Working with Office Manager/Data Analyst to request evaluation data from participants. Developing reports using data as needed by program staff
- Preparing application materials and updates (with approval) and executing publicity plan for award programs, including use of social media. Preparing review packets of award applications and sending to review committees. Preparing award packets with approval by supervisor(s).
- Ensuring regular communication with externally and internally-funded program participants, APS volunteers, committee members, program and award applicants and awardees via email, letter, fax, and telephone using draft computer and general instructions. Generating drafts for correspondence for approval by supervisor(s).
- Preparing, reviewing, and tracking expense forms (vouchers, bills, etc.) with appropriate coding for approval by supervisor(s).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Education preferred
- 2-4 years of office experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong Database skills (e.g., Access, Personify)
- Experience with Social Media
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with web conferencing (e.g., Skype for Business)
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
For more information on APS, please visit: www.the-aps.org