Marketing and Communications Specialist
3 days left
- Full Time
Well-established Bethesda, MD non-profit organization is seeking a permanent, full-time Marketing and Communications Specialist to serve as an integral member of its in-house marketing and communications team. This position is responsible for marketing and communications tasks including, but not limited to event planning, media and press relations, marketing and branding strategy and more. Candidate should be skilled at vendor negotiation, events management, writing, community relations, sponsorship management and attention to detail. HTML knowledge a plus.
- Oversee a range of special events and marketing initiatives that promote downtown Bethesda and its restaurants, shops and arts and entertainment organizations.
- Management of logistics and planning for small to large-scale special events and community festivals.
- Oversee the marketing and publicity efforts of these events.
- Organize and effectively manage event and marketing budgets, including vendor contracts.
- Set and manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Write, edit and proofread marketing materials as well as press release; pitch stories to local media.
- Work with community and organization’s constituents.
- Produce marketing collateral and support social media and digital marketing outreach.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing, communications and public relations is required.
- Experience in events management preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills (phone skills, in person, email).
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Marketing and Communications Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly