OMB STUDENT INTERN
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Must be accepted or enrolled at an accredited graduate school in pursuit of an advanced degree.
- Applicants will not be considered if they do not meet every key requirement. As outlined in this announcement, all applicants must be enrolled in a degree seeking academic program.
- Proof of enrollment for the duration of the internship must be provided within the application package to include student transcripts or class schedule.
- Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
- Applicants MUST submit a writing sample that is at least 2 pages to be considered for this program. An example of a writing sample is a college report, paper or publication.
- Candidates should state the program session for which they want to be considered (i.e., Spring 2019, Summer 2019, both) on their resume - last page.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
PASS/FAIL COURSES: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
- If selected, you are required to complete a background investigation suitability check and pre-employment drug screening.
- If selected, you are required to show proof of enrollment in a degree seeking academic program for the dates of the internship.
- Interns will be provided Transportation Subsidy Benefits, based on the current Federal TSBP regulations. http://www.wmata.com/business/employer_fare_program/
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement: http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/index.cfm
- Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/)
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement: http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/index.cfm
Employment Information Resources - Resource Center: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Main_Page
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternative Application. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three" but protects the rights of Veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category. Veterans' preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent will be listed in the highest quality category
(except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).