Patient Access Lead
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire people who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Patient Access Lead supports the hospital's mission by originating patient medical record and account numbers for outpatient and inpatient services by obtaining demographic, financial and clinical information and entering it into the host computer system. The Patient Access Lead provides compassionate service to all patients and displays actions and attitudes that portray and contribute to the Critical Success factors of the organization.
The Patient Access Registrar must commit to the Adventist Healthcare Values:
Respect - Recognizes the infinite worth of individuals and care for e ach one as a whole person.
Integrity - Is above reproach in everything they do.
Service - We provide compassionate and attentive care in a manner that inspires confidence.
Excellence - We provide world-class clinical outcomes in an environment that is safe for both our patients and our care givers.
Stewardship - We take personal responsibility for the efficient and effective accomplishment of our mission
* Support the hospital registration process by performing all activities that involve the movement and placement of patients, monitoring efficient transfers and discharges.
* Assesses admissions for appropriateness and collaborates with other departments.
* Collaborates with other departments, physicians and administration for optimizing bed usage and to ensure placement efficiency.
* Acts as a liaison between Patient Access and Clinical staff.
* Maintain accuracy in documentation for all death certificates.
* At least 3 years experience in patient registration and/or in patient eligibility and benefits.
Working knowledge and training in government payer rules and regulations
* Working knowledge and training regarding TPLs, WC, and other payment sources and liabilities
* High School degree or equivalent (some college preferred)
Monday through Friday, 22:45 to 07:15, with shifts every other weekend.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
* Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
* Free Employee parking
* Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
* 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
* 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.