Research Assistant (20 hours), Lombardi Comprehensive Care Center - Georgetown University Medical C
Research Assistant (20 hours), Lombardi Comprehensive Care Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC), part of Georgetown University Medical Center, seeks to prevent, treat and cure cancers by linking scientific discovery, expert and compassionate patient care, quality education and partnership with the community — guided by the principle of cura personalis, “care for the whole person.”
The Research Assistant provides research assistance and carries out experiments related to sponsored and non-sponsored research - for example, molecular biology applications, animal handling and husbandry for in vivo experiments, and working with biological materials including cell lines derived from human and non-human sources. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Generates and interprets data associated with specific projects, and will be expected to present research findings at lab meetings.
- Involved in preparation of manuscripts, posters, or other media to facilitate the presentation of the final results of these research projects to the scientific community.
- Engages in research activities as directed by Principle Investigator
- Master's degree or equivalent work experience in a biomedical science
- At least three years of experience working in a breast cancer research lab
Candidates will be expected to have expertise in the following areas:
- Molecular biology (protein, RNA, DNA analysis)
- Murine models of breast cancer (xenograft, syngeneic, GEMM)
- Molecular imaging (immunofluorescence and/or immunohistochemistry)
This position is part-time/20 hours per week.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.