Financial Services Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence (ACE!) in the Department of Criminology, Law and Society invites applications for a Program Coordinator position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Provide qualitative program and fiscal support to ACE! Research Lab and coordinate multiple overlapping research projects involving consultants, contractors, students and faculty. Assist ACE! Program and Grant Manager with grant management activities such as direct expense purchasing, reconciliations, labor allocations and temporary position hiring actions. Manage and analyze fiscal matters related to funded projects. Provide administrative and office management support. Duties Include:
- Monitor fiscal matters related to funded projects;
- Prepare monthly budget reconciliations and forcasted budget reports;
- Process direct expenses (i.e., travel, consultant payments, subcontract invoicing, purchasing of goods) and labor allocations;
- Provide support in the preparation of project progress reports and budgets;
- Performs and coordinates hiring actions with appropriate human resource offices;
- Maintain project files;
- Provide full range of office administrative support: maintain office supplies, organize center events, procure office goods and services, facilities management (Telecom/IT/Building work orders), travel and timesheet authorizations.
This individual will serve as a resource for ACE! research faculty to answer grant administrative questions and process financial and hiring transactions; and act as a liaison with the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Finance and Human Resource Office, the Office of Sponsored Programs and other central university offices as needed. The incumbent should maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal, non-federal, state, and university policies.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize competing deadlines;
- Experience working with financial transactions;
- Working knowledge of office systems, processes and procedures
- Attention to detail with strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with ability to learn new technology Preferred Qualifications:
- Purchasing and financial reconciliation experience;
- Previous sponsored program grant administration or university experience;
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Ariba and Ellucian Banner;
- Knowledge of basic Virginia purchasing, food and beverage and travel policies; and
- Experience in higher education setting.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, please apply by Oct. 10, 2018 to position number 10387z at http://jobs.gmu.edu ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and 130 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :