Developer III Drupal (1191-679)
7 days left
- Full Time
This is a non-supervisory, hands-on IT position in which the incumbent’s main responsibilities are application software development, systems maintenance and modification using DRUPAL content management system. The Software Developer III uses structured analysis and design methodologies to perform full life cycle development (requirements analysis, design specifications, coding, implementation, and maintenance) for USP applications ranging in complexity.Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, create, test and maintain Drupal websites and web applications
- Interact with Internal and external teams and clients to gather, define, and analyze requirements.
- Collaborate with team members and clients to understand needs and define the most appropriate solutions.
- Document technical requirements based on client needs.
- Provide estimates for development efforts.
- Developing custom Drupal modules using PHP.
- Identify and correct complex bugs and problems.
- Assist in the configuration of applications using infrastructure as code.
- Commit work to GIT repositories
- Deploy code using Drush, Git, JIRA, and Aquia cloud based environment
- Provide patches to contributed Drupal modules.
- Participate in demos of completed work to the client.
- Adheres to sound standards and best practices during all phases of software development life cycle.
- Works with technical Managers to provide expert technical solutions that support long-term business and technology strategy.
- Stays current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate USP’s software applications’ social and mobile capabilities.
- Closely follows version control and code promotion procedures.
- Recommends improvements and offers insights to more efficient use of USP applications and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in full life cycle software architecture, design, analysis and programming with emphasis on Drupal web-based applications development.
- 4-5 years of Drupal and 7 to 8 years of programming experience.
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to nontechnical teams and leaders.
- Thorough understanding and proven implementation of W3C Web Standards, strong grasp of common web and cloud technologies.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operation support.
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all level of staff to determine system requirements, processes and data flows.
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes in building high profile web applications.
- Must also be able to facilitate occasional projects not possible during normal business hours due to vendor necessity or customer impact (e.g. ability to be on call for any critical system issues).
- Hands-on experience with backend and frontend technologies.
- Expertise in Drupal core concepts, APIs, site architecture, module development, theming, and site building.
- Solid understanding of Drupal Framework, Symfony, PHP, and SQL
- Ability to create custom Drupal modules and Twig Templates
- Experience developing and integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems using REST APIs in a LAMP environment
- Experience using a CLI
- Experience using Drush
- Knowledge of user-contributed module landscape and ecosystem
- Ability to determine whether existing modules can fulfill solution requirements.
- Experience patching contributed modules
- Experience using Git for source control
- Experience managing Drupal dependencies using Composer
- Solid understanding of Drupal configuration management
- Experience maintaining enterprise web applications using the Drupal platform
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as Acquia or AWS.
- Experience with JIRA, Bit bucket, or GitHub.
- Experience with contributing to Drupal open source code is a plus.
- Experience migrating from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8.
- Acquia certification is a plus.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular