HRTD Supervisor - Transportation
The Human Resources and Talent Development (HRTD) Supervisor, Transportation, is
responsible for providing human resource support regarding all aspects of recruiting, hiring,
staffing and employee relations for all employees for Loudoun County Public Schools Transportation Division. The HRTD Supervisor directs the work of the Human Resources and Talent Development Coordinator for Transportation.
* Participates in the staffing and recruiting efforts for support services and central office
positions; assists hiring managers with interviewing, screening, and making
recommendations regarding personnel for employment.
* Coordinates and implements all aspects of the federally mandated drug and alcohol testing program for
the Division of Transportation and all employees required to hold a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
* Serves as a member of Division-wide committees to represent the interests of the
department and division; serves on committees, task forces, and work groups as assigned.
* Participates and conducts division-wide training related to school board policies, procedures,
* Approves job postings and reviews all job descriptions to ensure accuracy.
* Reviews and approves administrative, licensed, and classified offers of employment.
* Coordinates and schedules principal/supervisor meetings to discuss staffing and personnel
* Coordinates or conducts employee investigations.
* Completes and coordinates projects of a complex nature as assigned.
* Performs related work as required.
* Holds a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field,
Master's Degree or human resources certifications preferred
* Has experience in personnel management, recruiting, public school administration, teaching,
and staff development training or a related field
* Has knowledge of the principles and practices of public school administration, personnel
administration, employee evaluation systems, and equal employment
* Has working knowledge of computer applications, as well as Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
applicant tracking technology, etc.
* Has demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working
effectively with school personnel and within the community.
The Human Resources and Talent Development Supervisor is directly responsible to the
Human Resources and Talent Development Director.