Director of Admissions
Director of Admissions
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Director of Admissions within the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management the Director is responsible for managing Recruitment teams that serve prospective students within their assigned area. The Director is responsible for the overall success of the team under their leadership including training and development of counselors, adherence to outbound campaigns, and the successful matriculation of qualified prospective students to UMUC.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage Student Recruitment operations by providing guidance, continuous coaching, and feedback to Assistant Directors and Admissions Counselors in their day-to-day activities.
- Develop the team to provide best-in-class service using a consultative approach.
- Certifies team members on the consultative recruitment approach.
- Ensure conversations are compliant and provides coaching and feedback by conducting observations to improve prospective student interactions.
- Conducts documented bi-weekly performance coaching session with each direct report.
- Develops and facilitates training for team to support special project initiatives and pilot projects to improve operational efficiencies and enrollment growth.
- Develops and helps facilitate recruitment leadership training and development for new and current recruitment managers.
- Provides coaching and feedback to new and current recruitment managers to develop key talent within the Student Recruitment department in order to facilitate succession planning for mission critical leadership roles.
- Review, leverage, and interpret data to meet established standards in service levels, staff productivity, and quality assurance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders within the department as well as those outside the department in order to achieve project, business, performance, and enrollment growth outcomes.
- Communicate strategies, pilot programs, departmental updates and policy or procedure changes to department staff and ensures they are properly executed.
- Manage and execute prospective student outreach and campaign efforts to achieve new student growth targets for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Create and foster a team environment where staff members are encouraged to develop and grow by being given opportunities for training, event coordination, project management, data analysis, or other areas of expertise.
- Provide content knowledge, staffing, training and resources for special projects and pilot recruitment initiatives geared toward enhancing business outcomes and the student experience.
- Partner with the Student Recruitment leadership team to develop and execute change management and process redesign initiatives that will lead to operational efficiencies.
- Plan, lead, and provide guidance on human resource activities, such as hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and other staff-related concerns. This includes conducting performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Oversee the staffing of prospective student-facing events, such as Virtual Open Houses and webinars.
Actively participates in phone screening, interviewing and Career Fairs to ensure effective hiring and selection of new team members.
Provide evening, Saturday and holiday coverage as needed based on business need to serve our students and support their team.
- Job related travel as directed by the Vice President, Enrollment Management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- The chosen candidate must also be able to demonstrate experience in a progressively more responsible leadership/management position and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while motivating others.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in admissions leadership experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Successful track record of leading geographically dispersed teams with a collaborative leadership style.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop others.
- Experience working with military or veteran personnel, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Ability to drive organizational change and adapt to changes in a dynamic remote work environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of character, ethics and integrity at all times.
- Experience in the areas of enrollment management, student recruitment, quality assurance, call center or high-traffic, customer service environment.
- Experience with CRM, call center, and other enterprise-wide business technologies.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.