7 days left
- Full Time
The Math Intervention Teacher is responsible for students and their progress toward the achievement of academic success in Math 6, Math 7, and Algebra 1. The Math Intervention Teacher will work in direct consultation with the math department to identify eligible students for intervention, monitoring and assessing student progress, and follow-up with students, teachers, and parents during and after intervention. The Math Intervention Teacher will use their expertise to assess, student pro?ciency, identify speci?c areas of ability, de?ciency and/or strength, prescribe an appropriate individualized intervention plan, group students with similar needs for instruction, provide individual and group instruction, evaluate student performance relative to established grade level standards and individual progress, maintain student folders, and report student progress to parents, teachers, and the school/district administration.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one. Middle School Math with Algebra 1 Add On Endorsement required. Mathematics K-12 endorsement preferred.
Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Excellent experience in teaching and working with middle school children.
- Demonstrate competency in the areas of instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning and math intervention.
- Display a complete understanding of the philosophy and models for providing intervention instruction to at-risk students (RTI - Tier 2 and Tier 3).
- Develop a deep understanding of the ACPS Curriculum Guide in Math 6, Math 7, and Algebra 1 and intervention materials in mathematics ensure effective utilization of learning activities and materials.
- Possess a deep understanding of the Virginia Department of Education Standards of Learning in Mathematics.
- Work cooperatively with instructional coaches, curriculum developers, building administration, school staff, and all math teachers to develop, progress monitor, and implement a comprehensive intervention program in mathematics.
- Use current and relevant assessment tools to identify students in need of intervention services.
- Provide high quality intervention services to identi?ed students.
- Align instructional activities and materials with VDOE Standards, ACPS Curriculum Guides, and individual instructional plans.
- In collaboration with math teachers to identify speci?c areas of ability, de?ciency, interest and/or talent to guide the development of an appropriate intervention plan for each student.
- Develop and maintain a system of progress monitoring to assess student achievement toward objectives.
- Work cooperatively with the instructional coach, administrative team and other school staff to assess intervention program effectiveness, evaluate student pro?ciency, and establish appropriate school level improvement plans.
- Plan and implement sequential and differential learning experiences for students using a variety of instructional strategies.