Well-known D.C. consulting firm providing economic, financial, and econometric analysis to law firms, companies, and government agencies is seeking an Assistant Controller.
Responsibilities will include…
- Overseeing the general ledger, including creating, managing, and overseeing journal entries, accruals, ledger account maintenance, AR, AP, cash management, and procurement activities
- Managing the monthly accounting close process
- In conjunction with the Controller, ensuring the accuracy of all data in the Accounting system
- Providing back-up support for payroll function, Controller, and more junior-level Accountants
- Serving as the primary point of contact for annual audit with outside CPA firm
- Ensuring compliance with relevant tax and regulatory requirements
- Assisting the Controller with management of the Accounting Team, including coaching, counseling, training, motivating, and evaluating; working with HR to administer discipline up to and including termination
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training department employees
- Reporting to work on a regular basis with flexibility to address occasional after-hours emergency calls and projects
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Accounting from an accredited institution
- CPA strongly preferred
- At least 7-10 years of full ledger experience; at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Payroll experience required; professional services experience a plus
- Team player with customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, handle short deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of the Firm in a highly collaborative culture
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to frequently operate a computer or other office productivity machinery
- Ability to perform essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation
- May require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of this position
Firm offers a collaborative and collegial environment as well as competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit resumes in Word format to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for Assistant Controller
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly