TITLE: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Controller
POSITION STATUS: EXEMPT
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Accounting
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and/or two plus years of accounting experience. Knowledge of automated accounting systems and Microsoft Office programs a must.
POSITION AUTHORITY: Non-Supervisory
POSITION DESCRIPTION OBJECTIVES:
To assist the Controller with day-to-day operations, focusing on accounts payable, cash receipts and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for accounts payable. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Record daily deposit transactions, online payments and credit card payments in the accounting system.
- Reconcile payments to the accounting and membership systems.
- Responsible for the recording of financial activities and maintenance of accounting files.
- Prepare monthly entry from the membership system to the accounting system and assist with other Month-end closing processes.
- Assist with account reconciliations on a Monthly and Quarterly basis
- Assist with Annual Audit.
- Special Projects as assigned.
Responsibilities require a close working relationship all staff. The Accounting Manager must also interact with members, vendors, etc.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to BOMA Internationals Human Resources department at email@example.com ; indicating the position you are applying to.
BOMA International is an equal opportunity employer