Payroll Specialist II
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Payroll Specialist II who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
This position is responsible for assisting with processing accurate and timely payroll transactions to ensure that employees are paid on a bi-weekly timeframe. This will include processing various inputs and outputs such as third party interfaces, timekeeping, garnishments, tax filing/compliance, accounting , benefits, and other key areas that integrate with the payroll system for a successful payroll cycle. The incumbent will perform a variety of duties to ensure that time and attendance records are properly maintained, and payroll data is properly input, processed and stored. This position coordinates and consults with the Payroll Lead and with members of the Human Resources department to successfully perform its functions.
Qualified candidates will possess:
Must have a working knowledge of payroll best practices and end to end payroll cycle.
Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
High degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent customer service skills
Must have ability to make decisions related to daily duties.
Ability to function and thrive in a high volume, fact paced environment.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Must have excellent organization and prioritizing skills.
Ability to pay keen attention to detail and be highly accurate.
Willingness to participate in process improvement initiatives and learn new skills.
Computer proficiency in general PC applications, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
High School Graduate or GED; CPP preferred, but not required. College coursework in Accounting preferred.
Minimum 4-6 years of experience payroll processing with a large size company of 3,000 employees; preferably in a multi-entity or healthcare environment.
Experience in Workday and Kronos a plus
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance through non rotating shifts
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Free Employee parking
Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform daily payroll department operations
2. Processes edits in the Kronos Time and Attendance System.
3. Reviews and maintains incoming information received via the main Payroll department email box, fax, US mail, and calls into the Payroll department line.
4. Reviews, processes and inputs retroactive pay adjustments, employee deduction refunds and other miscellaneous payroll transactions.
5. Assists with follow-up on direct deposit errors from the bank.
6. Maintains and processes all court ordered employee garnishments, including responses and releases.
7. Assists with bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly Federal and State tax payments and filings.
8. Prepares payroll checks, and processes payroll deduction payments to third party vendors.
9. Researches and responds to any internal or external Payroll departments information requests.
10. Assists with preparation of annual W-2 wage statements and federal and state filings.
11. Participates and contributes to Payroll department policy and process improvement initiatives, utilizing company and industry knowledge, as well as state and federal regulations.
12. Provides customer support to internal and external associates to resolve any payroll related problems or inquiries.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.