Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Human Resources Assistant - Police Department
The Human Resources (HR) and Payroll Department is searching for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to serve as a Human Resources Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is a vital member of the Human Resources Team and will be responsible for a wide variety of human resources functions primarily supporting the George Mason University Police Department.
- Gather and process necessary university personnel forms to hire, promote, transfer, and separate employees;
- Submit all requests for new hires using Mason forms and procedures for creating/changing or deleting positions;
- Responsible for coordinating the recruitment process for the department, working with hiring managers to ensure they have approval to hire, up to date Employee Work Profiles, up to date interview questions, and have identified a selection committee, and will be entering postings and hiring proposals into eWork;
- Write Employee Work Profiles and Position Descriptions for University Police positions as directed by the hiring managers;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process with the hiring managers to ensure they are submitted on time;
- Responsible for overseeing the departmental personnel and recruitment files to include generation of new files as employees are hired and for converting active files to inactive files when employees leave the department; and
- Maintain a schedule of role changes/increases due.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- Demonstrated experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and/or automated processing and data entry;
- Ability to prioritize work and willingness to be flexible;
- Effective interpersonal communication; and
- Collaborates and works well with diverse individuals with differing needs.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Demonstrated customer service experience;
- Demonstrated experience in Human Resources/Payroll in a medium to large organization, or with a Police Department; and
- Higher education experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :