Peer Review Coordinator
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), a non-profit scientific society, is seeking a Peer Review Coordinator to coordinate and assist with the daily operation of a submission processing and tracking system for multiple Associate Editors associated with several research journals. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting assigned Associate Editors with assigning new or revised manuscripts to Editorial Board Members/Referees via the eJournalPress tracking system. Working with each assigned Associate Editor to develop a relationship on style and process for effective results
- Reviewing all queues for assigned Associate Editors and taking appropriate action to ensure schedules and assignments are handled properly. Notifying Associate Editor when a manuscript needs attention
- Monitoring the workflow appropriate while taking priorities into consideration
- Bringing manuscript issues or concerns to the attention of supervisor
- Assisting with the resolution of problems pertaining to revised submissions
- Responding to email and/or phone inquiries from authors, reviewers, and editors regarding manuscripts in process
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in English or related field
- 1-2 years’ of relevant work and internship experience.
- Experience in publishing preferred, editorial and/or administrative assistant experience will be considered
- eJournalPress Manuscript Tracking System knowledge a plus
- Must have excellent English grammar, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience using MS Office Suite, HTML, CSS
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
For more information about ASBMB, please visit: www.asbmb.org