SENIOR HR ANALYST (SELECTION & RECRUITMENT)
7 days left
- Full Time
NOTE: This recruitment is open until the position is filled, with a preferred filing date of October 11, 2018. Applications submitted by this date will receive first consideration. This position may be filled on a part-time or full-time basis.
Arlington County is seeking a Senior Analyst to serve as a strategic business partner to County hiring managers in assigned County departments and subject matter experts offering Human Resources expertise and guidance in the areas of selection as well as recruitment, sourcing, and outreach. This Senior Analyst will collaborate with hiring managers, and Human Resources Department team members to develop assessment centers and work simulations for promotional processes, to identify staffing needs, and to develop recruitment, sourcing and outreach strategies, especially for executive-level recruitments, designed to promote efficient and quality talent acquisition.
Our HR team recognizes the value of quality hiring decisions, embraces opportunities to innovate our hiring, sourcing, and selection processes, and strives for creativity especially when the result is greater efficiencies, enhanced effectiveness or improved outcomes.
Selection duties include:
- Conducts job analysis to identify key competencies required and develops an exam plan to evaluate core competencies required at entry level;
- Creates or guides others in creating oral panel interview questions, work simulations, situational judgment tests, and assessment center exercises using accepted methods that include content or criterion related validation strategies;
- Provides guidance or training to hiring managers on the use of effective evaluation processes with an emphasis on inclusion and avoiding bias or rating errors;
- Ensures accuracy in test materials or scoring while working under time constraints;
- Exercises effective judgment when recommending test development and/or test administration decisions to ensure test integrity, validity, and reliability;
- Serves as a technical expert on employee assessment and selection providing advice and guidance to a variety of audiences;
- Ensures selection processes and documentation comply with legal requirements and professional standards; and
- Guides and defends efforts associated with the validity of selection processes.
Recruitment duties include:
- Designs, develops and creates recruitment strategies designed to fill County vacancies expediently and with quality hires;
- Writes job announcements that identify core competencies ensuring alignment of minimum and desirable qualifications to class specs and presenting information in a clear, concise and appealing manner;
- Provides subject matter expertise to hiring managers throughout the recruitment life cycle offering advice and guidance on recruiting and marketing trends, sourcing approaches, interview questions, salary negotiation techniques, etc.;
- Develops an appropriate evaluation strategy or selection method with a focus on streamlining the screening process and identifying top talent;
- Manages the applicant tracking system (NEOGOV) to ensure efficiency and data integrity;
- Responds to inquiries from applicants and maintains relationships with hiring managers, subject matter experts, and top candidates during all phases of the recruitment and selection life cycle.
Sourcing and outreach duties include:
- Develops sourcing strategies that fully utilize a variety of tools and resources (including professional career websites, job boards, social media, etc.) as part of a full cycle recruiting plan;
- Creates and manages branding and outreach materials and web sites to market and promote employment with Arlington County;
- Identifies community partners designed to ensure a diverse workforce and leverages networks to enhance diversity of applicant pool especially in areas where the County is under-represented; and
- Enhances Arlington's brand as an Employer of Choice in key and specialized markets and social media outlets.
The successful individual will possess strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to build partnerships and collaborate with a variety of internal and external business partners on selection efforts as well as recruitment, sourcing, and/or outreach efforts for a variety of positions. This Senior Analyst has experience identifying and executing innovative solutions to difficult organizational challenges in recruitment and selection and possesses strong knowledge of test development and validation strategies, employment and case law, and professional standards that impact recruitment and selection practices.
Minimum: A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Public Administration or a related field plus professional level experience in selection and recruitment for a variety of occupations that includes building and managing trusting, working relationships with internal and external customers and applicants.
Substitution: Additional experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Master's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology;
- Experience in complex recruitment and selection efforts that includes conducting and evaluating job analysis, creating exam plans to measure core competencies; leading subject matter experts in test development and validation efforts and assessing or evaluating adverse impact;
- Experience with executive-level recruitment and selection processes;;
- Experience developing outreach and sourcing strategies designed to attract under represented and diverse populations and developing strategies to encourage diversity and inclusion in the County's selection processes; and
- Human Resources certifications or licenses such as CCP, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Applications submitted by the preferred filing date of Thursday, October 11, 2018 will be given first consideration for interviews. Applications received after the preferred filing date may be considered for interviews if a hire is not made from applications received by the preferred filing date. The application process will close when the position has been filled or when enough qualified applications have been received.
Work Schedule is Monday through Friday but a flexible work schedule and telecommuting are encouraged. Some weekend and work after normal hours may be required.
This position is part of a broad band, competency-based pay system, and may be filled at any level, including entry level, within the established broad band depending on qualifications. Entry salary within the band is based on a review of qualifications and experience. The pay band above encompasses entry through senior-level work. Pay potential will be based on performance and employee development.
Please complete each section of the application. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection (or application) process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.