Public Relations and Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $38,000 â€“ $43,000
Web Announcement :
ADMISSIONS MARKETING COORDINATOR
The George Mason University Schar School of Policy and Government invites applications for an Admissions Marketing Coordinator position. The Schar School is located on the Arlington and Fairfax campuses of George Mason University and serves 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, with approximately 16,000 alumni. This position is located on the Arlington campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working collaboratively with the Schar Schools admissions team, the Admissions Marketing Coordinator will support marketing initiatives â€“ and particularly recruitment marketing strategies â€“ to enhance the Schoolâ€™s reputation as a preeminent school for policy, government, and international affairs in the Washington, D.C., region and beyond. The primary role of the Admissions Marketing Coordinator is to oversee and manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and its communication plans for the Schar Schoolâ€™s recruitment efforts; develop compelling and creative content across platforms; and support the promotion of admissions events.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage the Salesforce Target-X Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and set-up filters/targets to effectively communicate with prospective students at each stage of the lifecycle, from the point of inquiry through the end goal of enrollment.
- Write and develop email content and update content on an ongoing basis to build targeted automated email communication plans for each stage of the prospective student lifecycle.
- Create compelling content across web, print, email, and social media platforms to effectively market academic programs, recruitment events, and news stories.
- Work in conjunction with the admissions teamsâ€™ event liaisons to maintain an updated admissions event calendar and promotion schedule, monitor event registrations, and ensure event announcements and live ads are kept up-to-date.
- Oversee the inventory of print publications and promotional items developed by the marketing team for recruitment efforts.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree required or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated experience in communications, marketing, admissions, or related fields;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Be skilled in proofreading and have a high attention to detail;
- Self-starter and ability to work independently to complete projects. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in Salesforce Target-X and/or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems;
- Demonstrated experience writing and developing creative, compelling marketing content;
- Working knowledge of social media and other forms of digital communication.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-10-12