IT Security/Compliance Professional
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. IT Security/Compliance ProfessionalThe security professional will need to work closely with Senior Management as well as other Information Technology team leads to identify, report and mitigate all security risks related to IT systems accordingly. Below are some key duties that the candidate should be able to perform.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and policies
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
- Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats
- Awareness training on information security standards, policies and best practices
- Implement protections
- Conduct periodic network scans to find potential vulnerabilities
- Coordinate simulated attacks on the system to find exploitable weaknesses
- Monitor networks and systems for security breaches, through the use of software that detects intrusions and anomalous system behavior
- Investigate security breaches
- Lead incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or related field highly preferred.