Grounds Maintenance Worker (S13079)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleGrounds Maintenance Worker (S13079)
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Germantown Campus, Montgomery College, has a need for two full-time, Grounds Maintenance Workers, S13079 and S13232, in the Facilities Operations Department. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday, 6:00am to 2:30pm. These positions are considered Essential Personnel.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Landscape & Green Space Management - Turf
- Mowing, trimming, edging, blowing, weeding, pruning, planting of trees, shrubs and flowers along with the removal of trees, shrubs and flowers. Mulching, watering, seeding, laying sod, core aeration and applying lime and fertilizers. Leaf and debris removal.
Maintain Campus Grounds - Flowerbeds
- Plant shrubs and flowers, mulch beds as needed, edge, weed beds and water as needed, pruning of bushes and trees.
Trash and Recycling Collection
- Maintenance of campus grounds first thing in the morning. Trash removal from parking lots and pole cans, inter campus trashcans and ground trash along with recycling, bulk trash items, graffiti removal with chemicals, dead animal removal. Disposal of all trash and litter in the proper locations. Removal of branches, limbs and fallen trees campus wide. All trash items may contain biohazards materials.
Essential Personnel Duties
- Provide support during winter storms or other seasonal weather events. To include ice and snow removal and control, tree debris cleanup and other support services needed, helping other departments.
- Maintenance of equipment on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Perform preventive maintenance, oil changes, and tune-ups, replace air filters, repair exhaust systems, change and rotate tires, replace fuel pumps and filters, replace belts and hoses. Replace turn signal control devices, parking brake cables, damaged items, and worn electrical components. Sharpen balance and replace mower blades, grease/lube equipment and other repairs and maintenance as needed or requested.
Parking Lot Maintenance
- Install and repair asphalt with the use of asphalt roller and tamper. Install, repair and replace sign post and signs. Install repair and replacement of traffic poles. Replace sign, banners on a seasonal basis.
Storm Water and Inclement Weather Management
- During inclement weather, snow and ice removal. On rainy days and ahead of storms keep the parking lot storm drains and roof drains free of debris to prevent water build up along with pond drain. Keep all drains free of litter and debris.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver's license is a required as a condition of employment, evidence of a good driving record is required.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on commercial professional landscape or grounds maintenance experience including knowledge of operation and maintenance of lawn equipment, planting and maintenance of plants, flowers, trees and shrubs required. Experience operating snow removal equipment such as tractors and trucks with blades.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by October 13, 2018.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateFriday, October 12, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.