Executive Legal Secretary
EXECUTIVE LEGAL SECRETARY
Large, dynamic global law firm is seeking an Executive Legal Secretary to support a high-level group of Captiol Hill attorneys working on public policy matters. Candidate must be very professional and polished.
Hours: 37.50 hour work week, 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday - Friday. Full benefits and competitive salary.
- Composes general correspondence, reports, memoranda, spreadsheets, expense reports, and complex documents that may require advanced word processing skills.
- Maintains attorney(s) appointment calendar, meetings, business trips, sensitive client matters, and prepares mailings.
- Arranges all travel reservations and prepares all travel expense reports.
- Transcribes legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft, dictation or transcription.
- Opens new files, requests conflict of interest checks with appropriate department and maintains all client and general files.
- Keeps files current and filing up-to-date for each client/matter.
- Conducts periodic review for possible storage of older files; prepares files to be closed.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, identify the order of work to be completed and communicate work requirements to attorneys.
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines; must be able to work effectively in deadline pressured situations.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone; ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Intensive document organization and preparation skills required.
- Proficiency in e-filing in state and federal courts.
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Minimum typing speed of 70 wpm
Resumes should be submitted to: dbachman@mylegale,com