Program Assistant: Communications and Branding
Do you dream of making the world a better place through your creativity, excellent writing skills and beautiful designs? Does your heart ache at the thought of children and families living in poverty? If this describes you, then here is an opportunity that will let you combine your skills and experience with your passion to touch the lives of people across the country. Community Action Partnership, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, is looking for a Communications and Branding Program Assistant to help us with our communications and branding efforts, with the goal of raising the visibility of the Community Action brand and the impact of our 1,000+ agencies across the country in fighting poverty. Community Action Partnership provides tools, training, resources and assistance to anti-poverty organizations funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG). As a Communications and Branding Program Assistant, you will play a vital role in helping us disseminate resources to our agencies, share information about best practices in working to end poverty, and telling the success stories of our agencies.
Under the immediate supervision of the Deputy Director, the Program Assistant: Communications and Branding will implement the strategy for all Partnership communications, website content, and social media to ensure the mission and Promise of Community Action is consistently communicated. Position will work closely with CEO and leadership team as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives including branding efforts done in collaboration with the Community Action Network. This is a full-time position. Salary is $35,000 - $40,000 per year (plus benefits) based on experience.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, writing sample, design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Program Assistant: Communications and Branding” in the subject line. No calls. Resumes accepted until position filled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Produce eNewsletters - responsible for both content and design.
- Update agency website - responsible for content, graphics, pictures.
- Develop and deploy social media content on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Produce a Community Action Month Toolkit
- Draft press releases.
- Coordinate press contacts and press events
- Stay abreast of media coverage focused on poverty and economic opportunity and related issues; develop ideas for stories, newsletter content, white papers, etc. and draft content.
- Stay abreast of media coverage of local Community Action Agencies and develop content on success stories to share on various communication platforms.
- Consult with all staff on communication needs, platforms, and products
- Assist with branding efforts both internally to the Partnership and nationally with the Community Action Network.
- Attend meetings and events on behalf of the Partnership.
- Compile Community Action Partnership news coverage for board distribution and follow up on stories to develop ongoing bank of success stories.
- Generate story ideas, write and edit articles
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general and administrative support for the annual events.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the CEO.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
- Four-year Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree in Marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field of study preferred
- Candidates should be majoring in one of the following: Communications, English, Journalism, or related field
- Candidates should be at least a junior level college student
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Previous experience volunteering for or interning with a nonprofit organization a plus
- Previous experience volunteering for or interning with an anti-poverty organization a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher (Experience with Adobe Premier Pro or other video editing software a plus)
- Familiarity with Hootsuite or other social media management tools
- Familiarity with using Content Management Systems and HTML
- Candidate must be an exceptional writer who can demonstrate good judgment in communicating professionally and learning the style and tone of a nonprofit organization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The noise level in the regular work environment is usually moderate.
- The ability to travel for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops in and out of the area.
- Must be able to travel by air to attend training, conferences, project sites, and related activities.
- Regular overnight, out of state travel is required approximately 20% of the time.
Anyone wishing to apply should submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover letter detailing relevant experience and a strong interest in anti-poverty work
- One writing sample, no more than two pages.
- Applicants who wish may also submit an example of their design work, as well as links to any website or social media content they have created.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the position will remain posted until filled.
Apply for Program Assistant: Communications and Branding
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly