The Staff Accountant is responsible for the processing of client accounting data while ensuring proper internal controls over client assets, and tracking collection of receivables and timely payment of obligations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the accounting operations within the organization. Continually improve business processes to ensure best practices. Obtain a working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Process client cash receipts, accounts receivable invoices, payroll, and accounts payable on a recurring basis.
- Maintain client accounts payable files.
- Gather necessary information and process client year end 1096 and 1099 forms.
- Assist with the preparation for the annual audit; pulling documents, confirmation letters, etc.
- Assist with other client services as outlined in the engagement letter and proposal submitted to the client.
A service mentality to non-finance departments and a basic understanding of accounting debits and credits. Ability to work independently on client assignments. Strong time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or equivalent work experience of 0 to 2 years. CPA or CPA candidate.
Apply for Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly