IT Specialist (Security)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Unless otherwise stated, you must be a United States Citizen to apply for government jobs.
- Males born on, or after, December 31st 1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System, or have an approved exemption. Learn more at www.SSS.gov.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy, within the same geographical area, by other organizational elements from within FDA, through shared corporate recruiting activities.
- This is a Direct-Hire advertisement: Veterans Preference and Category Rating are not applicable! Learn more about Direct-Hire at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/competitive-hiring/#url=directhire.
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Pre-employment physical required: NO
- Drug testing required: NO
- License required: NO
- Mobility agreement required: NO
- Immunization required: NO
- Bargaining Unit Position: NO
- Relocation Incentives will not be authorized.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 09/24/2018. In order to qualify for Information Technology Specialist, 2210 at GS-11, you must meet the following:
- You must possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 in the Federal service, experience includes providing cybersecurity and/or counterintelligence research, analysis, and reporting for an organization.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., related to this position.
- Have a combination of education and experience as described above.
In order to qualify for Information Technology Specialist, 2210 at GS-12, you must meet the following:
- You must possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service, Experience using intelligence community systems, databases, and tools; marking documents based on derivative classifications; traditional intelligence analysis methods and approaches.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 09/24/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. See Political Appointee FAQ - OPM for more...
- Direct-Hire Authority: Veteran's Preference and Schedule A provisions do not applyto positions advertised under a direct-hire authority. This position is open to all U.S. Citizens and all qualified candidates will be referred for consideration. The hiring manager may select from any of these qualified candidates without regard to veteran's preference or any other status eligibility. Learn more about Direct-Hire on OPM's website...
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 09/24/2018), applicants will be reviewed by HR to determine your eligibility for Federal employment and your qualification for this position specifically. Because this position is being advertised under a direct-hire authority, qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring office for consideration. The hiring office may contact referred candidates for an interview at their discretion. If your application is not referred, you may not receive a notification immediately due to the high volume of applications typically received for direct-hire advertisements.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.