Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy questions. Your resume is an integral part of the process for determining if you meet the basic qualifications of the position and determining if you are to be among the best qualified.
Applicants must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience includes the following:
- Analyzing data using probability statistics and trend analysis;
- Writing statistical computer programs, design and perform computer simulation;
- Developing mathematical algorithms; and/or
- Applying code writing and programming languages (e.g., Python and SQL-Structured Query Language) basic and advance prediction models and fluency with scripting language (e.g., Python)
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience includes the following:
- Developing applications using Structured Query Language (SQL), Python, and other computer programming languages, and using these languages to build visualizations, reports or models that support analytic methods and requirements;
- Applying code writing skills, programming and scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, SQL, and Ruby) to mine enterprise systems, design data models, and develop analyses;
- Working closely with an investigative team to develop analytic requirements as part of a larger investigative strategy. This includes working with team members and managers to understand relevant investigative risks (e.g., chain of custody issues; data preservation; documentation of methods for repeatability to analysis; data security), proposing risk-mitigation solutions to managers and investigators, and working to implement approved solutions; and/or
- Working with managers and team members to ensure that the team's time and resources are allocated properly considering office-wide priorities among teams and projects/cases.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Applicants must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience and education relevant to the duties of the position. The FCC determines the BEST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES based on the major job related competencies and evaluation of your knowledge, skills, and abilities reflected in your application and supporting documents using the CATEGORY RATING PROCESS. All eligible applicants under Delegated Examining (DEU) will be placed in one of the following three categories:
1. Highly Qualified (Score 90-100) - the applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of major job related competencies and possession of all evaluation criteria;
2. Fully Qualified (Score 80-89) - the applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of major job related competencies and possession of the evaluation criteria; and
3. Minimally Qualified (Score of 70-79)- the applicants possessing only the specialized experience described in the vacancy announcement.
An automated score is administered based on the on-line application process used. Eligible applicants will receive a numerical rating based on their responses to the job specific questions for this position.
Application of Veterans Preference: The category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three" but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability at least 10 percent MUST be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher.
A selecting official may make selection from the highest quality category ("HIGHLY QUALIFIED") provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in the same category.
Applicants under Merit Promotion will be considered in accordance with the agency's merit promotion plan and union agreement.
There are several parts to the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application including:
1. the core questions
2. the vacancy questions
3. supplemental documentation (e.g., DD-214, SF-50, SF-15, transcripts), if applicable; and
4. your resume.
Applicants will be rated ineligible, if they do not respond to job specific questions, provide supplemental documents and submit resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process.
You will be evaluated for this position on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs):
- Knowledge of data mining tools, data discovery, data analytics, predictive modeling, simulation or visualization, analytic software, and applying code writing and programming languages.
- Knowledge of a wide range of concepts, policies, practices, analytical diagnostic methods and techniques to address inter-related issues of the office dealing with data analysis.
- Skill in communicating research findings and data collection results in written and oral communication.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No