IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
For entry at the GS 13 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS 12 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume that they have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail
For the GS-13, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as experience in mobile network security architecture, systems auditing, and security tools.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of the competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing competencies are required.
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at this grade level.
- This notice is issued under the direct-hire authority. Using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provisions of Title 5 U.S.C. 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- Veterans Preference: Veterans preference does not apply under this Direct-Hire Authority (DHA).
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs may be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives are may authorized.
- This is an Information Security (INFOSEC) position. In accordance with DoD 8570.1-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selectee must meet Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, selected must meet Information Assurance Certification standards. Selectee must have an approved waiver prior to placement in this position or achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of IA duties. Level 1 certification is required prior to be authorizing unsupervised privileged access.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program. For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10307000