Senior Doctrine Development Specialist
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is primarily sedentary and usually performed sitting at a desk, in conferences, briefings, meetings, etc. It involves some periods of standing during lectures, briefings, and presentations; the work also requires some bending and stooping to reach files. There may be occasional visits to Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO) facilities throughout the Army that may include travel on military aircraft and stays in austere locations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is normally performed in an office setting or conference room with no unusual risks or discomforts. The work is usually performed in an adequately lighted and climate controlled office. However, this position will require occasional travel sometimes as long as 30 or more days at a time. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of office settings or commercial vehicles such as planes, trains, buses, or automobiles.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience working with Pentagon echelon at all levels; experience with Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO) in order to serve as the subject matter expert for the analysis and development of recommendations to meet mission objectives; and experience applying operational writing procedures to complete complex writing assignments, such as: doctrinal and training publications. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Organizational Performance Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Documentation
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.