SENIOR PUBLIC SAFETY TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
6 days left
- Full Time
Note: This is a re-announcement to better reflect changes in the department hiring needs and to expand the pool of qualified applicants. If you have already applied for this position under a former announcement number, you will need to re-apply to be considered for this vacancy.
The Arlington County Public Safety Information Technology (PSIT) group is hiring a Senior Public Safety Technology Specialist to provide leadership for projects which focus on the maintenance and security of IT infrastructure supporting systems for the Police Department, Fire Department, Sheriff's Office, and Office of Public Safety Communications and Emergency Management. The PSIT group is comprised of Applications, Infrastructure, and Project Management teams who work on specialized projects that support public safety departments' continuously evolving IT needs within the county.
Specific duties include:
- Overseeing project teams by developing project plans, assigning work, documenting systems requirements and design, and implementing policies and procedures;
- Performing audits of Public Safety Systems to maintain compliance with local, state, and federal requirements;
- Developing remediation and improvement plans based on identified vulnerabilities during audits;
- Coordinating network and security changes with the Department of Technology Services;
- Managing the Public Safety Infrastructure equipment refresh and procurement process; and
- Monitoring IT infrastructure vendors' compliance with established agreements and performance measures.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other directly related field, plus significant experience that includes system infrastructure design, implementation, support, maintenance, security auditing, and analyzing and documenting complex IT systems.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Managing project teams working on large-scale or complex IT infrastructure projects;
- Cyber-security, vulnerability detection, and assessment;
- System backup recovery servers; and
- Network and telecommunications operations.
Due to the sensitive nature of this position, candidates receiving consideration will be required to undergo a pre-employment polygraph examination and a character/background investigation conducted by the Police Department.
Please complete each section of the application. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Hours: This is a 40 hour a week position, with flexible work hours generally between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, with occasional nights and weekends depending on business need.