ED Technician - Nights
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire people who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
The Emergency Department Technician provides safe, effective care to assigned patients, according to established plan of care and as competency documentation designates, under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse. The ED Tech also provides necessary administrative and support activities that contribute to the delivery of quality patient care.
* Assists in the assessment of Pediatric ED patients and in the preparation of patients for tests and procedures.
* Enters orders into computer
* Maintains proper supply levels
* High School diploma or GED
* Active Maryland CNA License
* CPR certification
* Experience in emergency related field preferred or Valid MD Emergency Medical Technician certification
* Ability to prioritize and report observed changes in patient condition or behavior to RN
Above average communication skills
Three shifts per week, 18:45 to 07:15, with shifts every other weekend.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.