Information Technology Specialist 2
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Business Data Analyst
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a BUSINESS DATA ANALYST position within the Enterprise Applications team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Gathering, analysis, documentation and change control based of system and business process requirements
- Extensive stakeholder engagement and management for mission critical Mason initiatives
- Collaborate with the Data Integration Architect for source data profiling and communication of data quality anomalies
- Identification and solidification of data quality, transformation, and business rules
- Delivering source-to-target mapping specifications and interface control / data exchange specifications
- Identifying key metric and dimensions relative to business reporting and data analysis needs
- Contributing to data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries and report / visualization mock-ups
- Authoring test cases and logs and communicating defects to data integration engineers
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Soliciting requirements including identifying requirements from various sources including project documentation, (e.g. the project charter or definition), business process documentation, JAD sessions and stakeholder interviews;
- Analyzing requirements including determining whether the stated requirements are clear, complete, consistent and unambiguous, and resolving any apparent conflicts;
- Documenting requirements in various forms such as a summary list, use cases, user stories, or process specifications;
- Establish change management control for business and system requirements;
- Knowledge of project management best practices and tools like MS Project;
- Strong customer focus and enthusiasm for continuous improvement, innovation, and change
- Desire and ability to write and execute test cases, test scripts, and test results
- Desire and ability to write and maintain detailed requirements and specification artifacts
- Ability to identify and recommend new processes or business practices for the purposes of streamlining business processes (internal and external)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills at staff and inter-departmental levels.
- Working knowledge of APIs, Data (or Web) Services, ETL, and data warehousing
- Strong data profiling, data analysis, SQL, RDBMS, and business intelligence tool skills
- Strong knowledge of GMU business strategies and current operational situation
- Excellent understanding of higher education data and process flows
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02848z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :