Information Technology Specialist 3
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Data Integration Architect
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a DATA INTEGRATION ARCHITECT position within the Enterprise Applications team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Data integration solution design and quality, inclusive of target and semantic data model(s), data dictionaries, logical data flows, events, business rule and transformation reuse and optimization
- Designing granular ETL pipelines and API/Data Services to meet data stakeholder requirements with an eye towards balancing the mix of reuse, maintainability, performance, data sensitivity, and operations
- Communicating accurate and up to date data models, interfaces, and flows in graphical, written, and verbal forms
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to perform analysis and design for data integration based on stakeholder requirements;
- Strong logical design skills (data modeling, process modeling, event modeling);
- Proven ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems in a timely manner;
- Expertise in APIs, Data (or Web) Services, ETL, SQL, data warehousing development and business intelligence (BI) systems;
- Expertise in Informatica, Jitterbit or comparable product for ETL, RDBMS, and API/Data (or Web) Services;
- Solid communication and collaboration skills at staff and inter-departmental levels;
- Ability to write and maintain detailed design artifacts and documentation; and
- Strong ability to self-organize, multi-task, and meet schedule commitments.
- Understanding of Higher Education data models (e.g., HEDA) and process flows; and
- Significant experience relevant to requirements of position.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02847z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :