Information Technology Specialist 2
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Data Integration Engineer
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a DATA INTEGRATION ENGINEER position within the Enterprise Applications team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Business intelligence solution quality, implementation, and operation
- Designing, developing, and unit testing schema layer, reports and visualizations promoting reusable and modularized code base in order to increase speed, quality, and consistency of implementations
- Performing peer design reviews
- Collaborating with Data Architect on data mart design
- Designing integrations to meet anticipated concurrent usage, query data volume, and user response time needs
- Capturing and documenting solution metadata and design artifacts
- Addressing defects and troubleshooting operational issues in a rapid and productive manner
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and design new integrations based on stakeholder requirements;
- Expertise in APIs, Data (or Web) Services, ETL, SQL, and data warehousing development;
- Expertise in Informatica, Jitterbit or comparable product for ETL, RDBMS, and API/Data (or Web) Services;
- Ability to write and maintain detailed design artifacts and documentation;
- Willingness to perform on-call production support for implemented data integration solution;.
- Knowledge of secure data transmission and integration techniques;
- Solid communication and collaboration skills at staff and inter-departmental levels; and
- Strong ability to self-organize, multi-task, and meet schedule commitments.
- Understanding of Higher Education data and process flows;
- Significant experience relevant to requirements of position.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 00460z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :