Information Technology Specialist 2
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Computer Systems Engineer
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) - located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEER position within the Enterprise Infrastructure Services, Cloud, Compute and Storage Engineering team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Subject matter expert in compute, storage, system virtualization, and cloud technologies
- Key member of the technical team responsible for enterprise system engineering
- The teamâ€™s primary focus is building and deploying new solutions for internal customers from the universityâ€™s enterprise technology portfolio
- As a secondary function, the team also provides higher tier incident response in support of IT operations
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Expert knowledge of a Windows or Linux server operating system;
- Working knowledge of system virtualization, hypervisor, and orchestration technologies;
- Familiarity with data networking technologies and concepts;
- Familiarity with scripting or programming;
- Ability to quickly understand systems, services, applications and technologies and use them to build solutions for enterprise customers;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve system problems;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple concurrent tasks;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and
- Ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with a diverse team of people.
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline;
- Microsoft System Administration certifications;
- Red Hat or other Linux System Administration certifications;
- System/Network Administration or Design certifications;
- Significant experience in a systems administration or engineering role in a multi-user environment; and
- Experience leading implementation project teams and/or providing technical consulting services to internal or external customers.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02851z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-09-28