The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and evaluation of the Routing, Training, Field Trips, and Dispatch offices. The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the safe and effective transportation of students through daily oversight and management of operations and serves as liaison with school administrators, parents, and students on bus transportation matters.
- Supervises and evaluates Area Supervisors in Dispatch, Field Trips, Routing and Training offices and the supervision and evaluation of employees in these departments
- Supervises operational procedures and recommends revisions to procedures and policies
- Reviews and approves regular and special needs routing
- Directs employees on schedules, routes, and general bus operations
- Answers inquiries, concerns, or complaints from parents and citizens pertaining to school transportation matters
- Reviews accidents involving school owned vehicles, completes reports, and recommends appropriate training and/or disciplinary action
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Transportation
- Experience in pupil transportation, personnel management, and school fleet maintenance and management
- Knowledge of budget planning, personnel management, routing procedures, dispatch guidelines, employee training requirements, and applicable laws, regulations, and policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Possess a Commercial Driver's License with school bus endorsement
The Transportation Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director of Transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.