Mid-Senior Level Java Developer - 1661
6 days left
- Full Time
The MIL Corporation seeks a Mid-Senior Level Java Developer to support a Federal Government client at one of our Washington, DC locations. The Java Developer will be a key resource in designing, configuring, developing, and implementing enhancements and production fixes to existing systems.
• Monitor and identify performance/functional issues and recommend innovative improvements
• Develop new systems (design, configure, develop and implement) as the opportunity arises
• Provide Tier 2/Tier 3 technical support and resolve production defects and issues
• Utilize development best practices and appropriate patterns to develop software solutions
• Design and develop solutions using Core Java
• Create views, stored procedures, and queries using PL/SQL
• Actively mitigate potential security gaps including SQL-injection, Cross Site scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery, etc.
• Create technical documentation
• BA/BS degree in a technical or management field from an accredited institution.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of current technological environments such as the Internet, Client/Server, and Object Oriented related systems.
• 3+ years of experience in database architectures, object-oriented design, and systems implementation.
• 5-8 years of professional software development experience
• 3-5 years of experience designing, and developing solutions using Core Java
• Ability to act as a project's technical lead/lead developer as needed
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent debugging skills
• Ability to analyze existing code and identify areas where efficiency can be improved
• Ability to monitor production jobs, identify performance/functional issues and recommend innovative improvements
• Ability to clearly communicate and share solutions and information with fellow team members
• Experience with root cause analysis and defect resolution in a production environment
• Ability to create technical documentation such as design guides, deployment plans/guides, etc.
• Experience developing test scripts and performing user acceptance testing
• Experience evaluating requirements and analyzing them for gaps and future risks
• Motivated and able to work proficiently in a team environment and independently
• Strong communication skills with internal team members and business stakeholders
• Strong initiative for solution, system and process improvements
• Ability to adapt quickly to an existing complex environment
• Prior experience supporting a government agency
• Experience with the following: SharePoint, Serena Business Manager, Serena PVCS Version, Manager, Web API, Remedy Ticketing System, Toad
All applicants for this position must possess and be able to maintain a Public Trust clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP