Student Financial Coordinator
Student Financial Coordinator
Office of Operations and Planning
Exempt, Contingent II, 100% - Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Student Financial Coordinator within the department of Operations and Planning. This individual will report to the Vice President of Operations and Planning and is responsible for working with new and returning students in developing, negotiating, and finalizing student enrollment plans that map tuition costs throughout a student's career with UMUC. The coordinator will be responsible for communicating the enrollment plans to students and will work directly with students to ensure understanding.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create individualized financial enrollment plans for students based on available financial aid, payment plans, scholarships and other sources of tuition payment, and the total cost to complete their degree.
- Provide a high quality student experience during explanation of the enrollment plans and the responsibilities of the student.
- Work closely with the admissions and advising teams to gather and update student degree plans to accurately map degree completion costs.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Federal Title IV regulations pertaining to financial aid.
- Assist students with navigating the UMUC financial aid process.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of UMUC payment plan system, billing system, and current scholarship offers.
- Maintain accurate records and files to allow for metric reporting on student enrollment plan status.
- Accurately document, maintain, and track all student interactions through the CRM system.
- Consistently meet departmental metrics relating to student service and the enrollment plan pipeline.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of professional experience in a student facing roll within higher education.
- Ability to work with detailed, factual information from a variety of sources.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Peoplesoft and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated experience providing high quality customer service in a timely and efficient manner.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in enrollment management, student accounts, or financial aid departments in a student facing roll.
- Prior financial aid, financial planning, student billing, or similar role.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.