Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Education Coordinator. The successful candidate will use strong critical-thinking skills to help a diverse population of adult learners, primarily community college transfer students, overcome a myriad of obstacles to fulfill their educational objectives. Successful candidates enjoy working in a high energy, fast-paced environment, demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative, and possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with prospective students.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide outstanding customer service to community college transfer students by responding to inquiries, through telephone, email, in-person, or other communication channels.
- Reach out to and maintain relationships with prospective students by establishing rapport and trust, educating them on UMUC programs and admissions requirements, and assisting prospective students through their application and first enrollment process.
- Guide prospective students through their decision-making process by engaging in a consultative dialogue to explore and uncover student needs and concerns, presenting information in a professional, articulate, and confident manner, and effectively communicating the value proposition of the university.
- Independently represent the University at locations throughout the state at recruitment events, transfer fairs and on community college campuses.
- Contribute to individual, team, and unit goals on a daily, weekly, monthly basis so that new student and completion scholarship growth targets are met.
- Accurately document, maintain, and track all prospective student and applicant interactions, information, and progression through the new student enrollment process in the CRM system.
- Serve as the prospective student's liaison to help assist them through various student services-related issues, i.e., UMUC Undergraduate/Graduate Schools, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Registrar's Office, etc.
- Participate in prospective student-facing events.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years of relevant work experience in a customer-facing role.
- Candidates are required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Candidates will have strong organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal communication skills for both one-on-one interactions and group presentations; the ability to work with diverse populations; the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of professionalism; and the demonstrated ability to work responsibly and independently.
- Some evenings, weekends and extensive in-state travel is required. Candidates must have a good driving record along with reliable transportation and auto insurance.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates with experience in community college settings, higher education academic advising, recruitment, marketing, or customer service are preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.