Senior Systems Administrator
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Senior systems Engineer is an all-rounder supporting all components of enterprise infrastructure including Microsoft servers/Active Directory, Storage solutions, AWS Technologies and VMWare VSphere Virtualization. Core expertise in three or more of the above mentioned technologies is essential.
- Support and maintain Active Directory infrastructure including identity management, Group Policy updates, Software updates, FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP, Sites and services etc.
- Support storage infrastructure - SAN/NAS, backup and recovery.
- Support and maintain 3200+ email users currently on a hybrid Office 365 & Exchange 2013 environment.
- Lead cloud migration initiatives.
- Lead activities such as system builds, application installation, configuration and monitoring.
- Support Windows/Unix Server systems as both Physical and Virtual Machines
- Respond to escalation calls from the Help desk, Desktop support, and other teams to resolve issues and perform maintenance.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant major along with:
- Understanding of networking terminologies and functions (routing, switching, firewall)
- Extensive experience with VMware technologies including NSX.
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud technologies - EC2/ECS/Route53/VPC/IAM/SES
- Solid understanding of Exchange and other messaging technologies
- Experience with supporting Outlook, OWA, activesync.
- Great knowledge on email Security - WhiteListing/Blacklisting, Local Spam issues, eDiscovery, Email Management, Mailbox exports for litigation purposes
- Experience with storage infrastructure - SAN Fibre channel(Hardware, Switches and zoning) and iSCSI ; NAS (NFS/CIFS/SMB)
- Experience with Dell Compellent and Dell NAS a huge plus
- Strong technical and trouble-shooting skills required