Vice President, Network Operations
5 days left
- Full Time
Intelsat is the world's leading provider of satellite services delivering high-performance connectivity solutions for media, fixed and mobile broadband infrastructure, enterprise and government applications.
With a global fleet of approximately 50 satellites and seven owned teleports and terrestrial facilities, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers. Intelsat's business is diversified by service offering, customer group, satellite and geography, which reduces market and operating risk. Customers include some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations.
Intelsat has offices in Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Kenya, Luxembourg, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The company is pioneering transformation across its entire ecosystem and beyond the satellite industry. The satellite industry is at an exciting inflection point. In an era of rapid technology change and dynamic consumer and business-driven demand, Intelsat is pivoting to transform its business to integrate satellite services with new technologies. With the advent of the Internet of Things, connected cars, drones and ubiquitous connectivity on multiple devices, Intelsat is developing ways to integrate satellite into each of these areas. Intelsat has invested in research and product development on sensors for IoT applications, next generation satellite antennas for the connected car, business jets and cruise ships, and communications kiosks to bring connectivity via satellite to remote and rural areas of the world. Intelsat is dedicated to envisioning the future and enabling connectivity everywhere and anywhere on the planet.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with deep technical acumen in field services and network operations who will provide oversight of all Intelsat network assets; this includes the carrier-grade Network Operations Center (NOC) and supporting Regional NOCs, which provide performance monitoring of all active network elements, terrestrial networks, and adheres to stringent customer requirements. The position will also lead a field service team that performs site maintenance, installation, and monitoring of global services. This position is responsible for supporting business objectives through operational procedures that encompass the use of technology to improve process and accuracy, ticketing systems to support internal metrics, compliance with regulations and license agreements, and ensuring accurate reporting. An over-arching objective will be to ensure high quality work while continuously improving current systems and work processes to deliver exceptional customer service and quick response times. In this role it will be critical to maintain strategic client relationships and support vendor/contractor management, ensuring infrastructure stability and overall network performance.
- Develop and implement strategic vision for the Operations organization and provide the leadership and subject matter expertise to assure the consistent execution of this vision
- Ensuring optimal network performance by monitoring network health, security and capacity; including Tier 1 and Tier 2 support, client service issue ticketing from voicemail, email, monitored services platform, technician daily / monthly reporting
- Directly support the efforts of remote monitoring and management across the Company network. Provide Service Functions, Business Verticals, and Engineering with data to support both internal and external communication of network performance. 24/7/365 Customer Care Operations and Management of 3rd Parties. POC Interface into each Service Function and Business Vertical
- Establish strong relationships across the organization with key partners and constituents, specifically Solutions Development, Network Engineering, Information Systems and Satellite Operations to meets the team's goals and objectives
- Operate the NOC and have appropriate technical acumen to support broadcast and network assets
- Enhance and ensure a culture of safety and ethical compliance across a large geographically diverse work force
- Oversee the management and implementation of large-scale projects and service contracts
- Maintain and enhance a strong service-oriented environment for both internal and external customers, focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution
- Ensure full compliance with all federal, state and municipal regulations for owned/managed assets and personnel
- Maintain and update disaster recovery procedures and protocols.
- Develop and manage the Network Operations budget
- Value engineer existing processes and tools used in the field and the centralized NOC to maximize organizational efficiency while enhancing the customer experience
- Implement improved processes, which utilize technology, to improve jobs, processes, training, tools and overall work quality
- Minimum of 15 years of combined telecommunications and/or network operations experience, including management of multi-layered teams. 6+ years of field force management preferred
- Candidates will possess an undergraduate degree in business, telecommunication or a related field; MBA or other graduate degree desirable but not required
- Demonstrated success in identifying and synthesizing internal and external customer needs into a concise, clear and influential presentation.
- Ability to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless internal and external customer experience and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated success in identifying talent and building individual and management capability; proven track record of building successful organizations.
- Exceptional strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing network operations center 24/7 technical support
- Working with suppliers, contractors, partners and 3rd party delivery teams to define service/support strategy along with operational tasks
- Experience defining service levels, key performance indicator definitions and techniques for measuring operations and management of customer facing systems and associated platforms required to collect, measure and monitor performance and availability
- Technology experience implementing and improving systems and processes for enterprise or carrier networks
- Out of the box thinker that can relate to telecommunication and satellite industry trends to propose game-changing solutions and partnerships, backed by financial insights and KPIs
- A flexible and adaptable leader in highly fluid environment (comfortably handles rapid and repeated changes in priority and focus).
- Has an innate drive to achieve and lead by example
- Strong communication skills including the ability to articulate a clear vision. He/She must be able to communicate complex information in writing through detailed project plans and business cases. Proven experience in persuading others through the use of logic and compelling data
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships across business units, with sales and executive staff, and with clients
- Can establish clear performance standards, encourage teamwork, provide development opportunities, coach to maximize employee contribution, provide feedback and delegate effectively
- Create strong collaborative team environment that focuses on career development and progression for employees.
- Partner with the Innovation and Service Architecture teams to account for network resiliency and allow for network growth
- Works with customer facing account/field/support teams as well as customers when called upon to discuss other support needs
- Direct network operations team's activities to ensure customer platforms are kept serviceable, available and supportable 24/7/365, ensuring maintenance tasks are coordinated, communicated, scheduled and resourced accordingly
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.