IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK SERVICES)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to possessing the four IT competencies listed above, applicants must also meet the following specialized experience to qualify for this position at the PT-02 band level. Applicants must possess one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or equivalent band level in the Federal Service or omparable private or public sector experience which has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience is defined as performing network administration tasks including, installing new hardware and software technologies; troubleshooting hardware equipment issues and software errors; assisting with the resolution of network connectivity issues, VTC and telecommunications support techniques, and working with sensitive data in a network environment.
NOTE: We recommend that your application clearly show your possession of the specialized experience qualification requirement and the four competencies listed above. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement. (if applicable)
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet all of the basic and minimum qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. You will be further rated based on your responses to the vacancy questions. Please make sure that your responses to the vacancy questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated on the following KSA’s or competencies:
- Knowledge of established methods used to design, plan, analyze, and implement agency-wide modernization of new IT resources and technologies.
- Ability to evaluate and determine the technical requirements (i.e. security, performance, maintenance) for new or advanced system software technologies used on both virtual and physical operating systems.
- Knowledge of information standards, policies, and procedures to provide effective implementation and management of information systems and to promote standardization, compatibility, and integration.
- Knowledge of established, new, or advanced techniques used to seamlessly integrate virtual and physical desktop operating systems, technologies, applications, and hardware to increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the organizations workforce.
- Knowledge of system maintenance and modernization activities (installation, testing, troubleshooting) for both virtual and physical desktops.
- Skill providing technical guidance and advice to other specialist during agency-wide software integration and virtualization projects.
Veterans Preference applies to this announcement. For more information regarding veterans’ preference please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/index.aspx
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No