25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This position has been designated as Non-Critical Sensitive; incumbent is required to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
This position is being filled using 5 U.S. Code § 3161 authority and is available for 13-month increments. This temporary position may be extended beyond the 13-month period based upon performance and the needs of the OIG.
New Hires are required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and are subject to random drug testing for the duration of service with DoD OIG. Organizational entities within the DoD are not required to conduct drug testing for DoD civilian employees transferring or reassignment from one DoD Testing Designated Position (TDP) to another TDP with no break in service within the DoD, unless deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis by the gaining Component.
U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Travel to overseas contingency operation locations may be required.
Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Extensive knowledge of DoD and Federal sector objectives, programs, goals, operations, and best practices and private sector management practices to apply them to assigned projects and studies.
- Knowledge of DoD organizations, missions, functions, and strategic objectives to conduct and support evaluations
- Knowledge of and/or direct experience with the activities related to overseas contingency operations (military, diplomatic, or humanitarian);
- Knowledge of and/or direct experience with an oversight agency (audit, evaluations, investigations);
- Knowledge of and/or direct experience with budget formulation and review and the Federal budget cycle and activities;
- Expert knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to conduct analyses of programs.
- Skill in the conceptualization and design of methodologies for evaluations and program reviews.
- Expert skill in analyzing data and information to identify issues and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Skill in written and verbal communication to present evaluation findings, brief leadership and negotiate acceptance of corrective action.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with internal staff and external organizations to maintain awareness of ongoing operations and to conduct reviews.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
As a Federal employee, incumbent may elect health insurance, life insurance, participate in the Federal retirement system, and will receive Sick and Annual leave benefits.
The OIG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume.Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required Yes